GED Option Program
The GED Option Program is offered at two locations in the district (DCAC and SHS) to meet the needs of our students. The GED Option Program uses a set of criteria to determine eligibility in the program. This information is outlined in DCS Board Policy JCD(1). All of the district policies are in alignment with the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) and the American Council on Education (ACE).
The criteria for participation in the GED Option Program as outlined in Mississippi Code 37-35-3 will consist of the following:
- Must be at least (16) sixteen years of age and enrolled in a DeSoto County School
- Must be at least (1) one full grade level behind his or her 9th grade cohort OR have acquired less than (4) four Carnegie units
- Must have taken every opportunity to continue to participate in coursework leading to a regular high school diploma
- The student must be certified to be eligible to participate in the GED course by the school district superintendent based on developed criteria
- Twenty (20) unexcused absences will result in the student's removal from the GED program and being returned to his or her school of origin
You can find more information and resources by browsing the website www.ged.com.
For GED transcript or diploma requests, visit www.gedtestingservice.com.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (662) 429-5271 ext. 1113.