Director of Professional Development and Student Support
Spelling Bee Coordinator
The goal of the Professional Development and Student Support Department is to continuously increase student achievement through ongoing efforts to improve teacher effectiveness through quality professional development. Sign up in MUNIS for classes offered by our school district.
- Only CEUs awarded through an accredited CEU granting agency are recognized by the state department.
- Any Continuing Education Office at a college or university is an accredited CEU granting agency. When deciding to take CEU outside our district, make sure they are through a university, colleges or community/junior colleges that is a CEU granting agency.
- CEU credits should assist in improving education practices that lead to enhanced student learning and should provide opportunities for networking with other colleagues and professionals.
- Mississippi e-LEARNING for educators is another option for obtaining CEU credits. It is offered through the Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
- The Mississippi Department of Education will not allow you to repeat a CEU class and use it again to renew your license.
The MDE will only accept 0.5 CEU = 5 hours of instruction or more.
CEU Certificates are now being replaced by the North Mississippi Education Consortium.
Go to their website:
NMEC requires participants to pay a fee online. They will send you an email that your CEU certificate is ready to be copied from their site and how to get it. It no longer comes in the mail.