The Residency Department assists parents and guardians with student transfer requests and the affidavit of shared residency process.
An affidavit of shared residency should be provided during registration by a parent/guardian if the family is sharing another home with another individual or family.
If a parent/guardian is completing student registration with an affidavit of shared residency, the following must be provided to meet registration requirements:
--Completed and notarized affidavit of residency
--All required proofs of residency - located on the second page of the affidavit
The proofs must be current within 30 days of registration. Proofs must reflect the DeSoto County address to which the parent/guardian is residing at.
Parent/Guardian(s) must complete the online registration prior to providing the affidavit and proofs of residency.
An affidavit along with all required proofs of residency must be provided to the Residency Department.
The Residency Department is located at Central Services in the Student Registration building. If you have any further questions regarding residency, please contact our department at 662-449-7229 or 662-912-3204.
All Residency Documents are located under Important Documents.
- Affidavit of Shared Residency 2023-2024 (2 Pages)
- Spanish Affidavit of Shared Residency 2023-2024 (2 Pages)
- Special Enrollment Form 2023-2024 (Parent/Guardian building or purchasing a home within DeSoto County)
- Remain due to Move 2023-2024 (Parent/Guardian moved within DeSoto County during a current semester)
- Application of Transfer 2023-2024 (Transfer request within DeSoto County)
- Children of Employee Form 2023-2024 (For DeSoto County School Employees)
The DCS Security Team is responsible for providing and maintaining the safety of our school staff, teachers, and students at county-wide campuses and events.