The residency department assists parents and guardians with student transfer requests and the affidavit of shared residency process.
An affidavit of shared residency should be provided during registration by a parent/guardian if the family is sharing another home with another individual or family.
Parents completing registration with an affidavit of shared residency:
In the case of new AND returning students, the parent/guardian must provide an updated/notarized affidavit along with all required proofs to the Residency Department. The Residency office is located in the student registration building at Central Services.
An Affidavit must be notarized prior to completing registration.
To register with an affidavit of shared residency, the parent/guardian must provide the following:
--Completed and notarized affidavit of residency
--All required proofs of residency - located on the second page of the affidavit-
The proofs must be current within 30 days of registration. Proofs must reflect the DeSoto County address to which the parent/guardian is residing at.
All Current Residency Forms are located under the "Important Documents" link. If you have any questions about any of our forms or with registration, please contact us at 662-449-7229.
- Affidavit of Shared Residency 2022-2023 (2 Pages)
- Spanish Affidavit of Shared Residency 2022-2023 (2 PAges)
- Special Enrollment 2022-2023 (Parent/Guardian building or purchasing a home within DeSoto County)
- Remain Due to Move 2022-2023 (Parent/Guardian moved within DeSoto County during a current semester)
- Application of Transfer 2022-2023 (Transfer request within DeSoto County)
- Children of Employee Form 2022-2023 (For DeSoto County School Employees)
The DCS Security Team is responsible for providing and maintaining the safety of our school staff, teachers, and students at county-wide campuses and events.